Well I have not posted in a while but things here have been busy. We are going out of town this weekend because my baby cousin is graduating High School - I seriously can NOT believe that. I remember when she was just a little bitty baby. Yeah, we all say that about someone though. I guess it is just part of life - but it makes me feel so OLD! It makes me feel old too telling people that my daughter is five. Sometimes I just can not get over how big she is now. I will go in her room at night and check on her (about 15 times!) and she is more then half of the bed length now - I guess I just don't realize how tall she is until I see her laying in bed. Sometimes I will sit on her bed to say good night and I'll practically sit on her knees when I am thinking that I am closer to her FEET. I am so ready for another baby! My "baby" is growing up so I need another one. ha ha! She is very ready to be a big sister too and talks about it all the time. Brendon and I have been trying for a while so we'll see what happens. My brother and his wife are expecting their first baby and I am just so excited to be an Aunt! The baby (a GIRL!) is due in September and I just can not wait for her to come. It has been so fun seeing Jenny get big and pregnant - I think she looks beautiful and fabulous!
Anyway, I have still been doing so much reading on homeschooling and have purchased a couple more books on Amazon.com. One of them is very good and talks about different learning styles. I am finding it very useful and full of wonderful information. I tend to get a little over-whelmed sometimes though because of all the information I am trying to acquire. I am the type of person that needs to know so much in order to feel that I will succeed in something and make the right decisions. I will sit at the computer sometimes and just read things about homeschooling for hours. And if I don't have much time then I will search for things and just save it to my Favorites and come back to it another day. I really don't think that I have felt this passionate about something in quite sometime. It makes me feel pretty good but it also drives me crazy at the same time. ha ha! Maybe I am doing TOO much and I just need to go with my instincts. They say that every family is different when it comes to homeschooling and that you need to find your own style and way of doing things. The first year is usually the toughest and then you kinda figure out what works for you.
I am going to a homeschool conference on Tuesday with my good friend who is homeschooling too. I am looking forward to that. It will be at the church here in town that has the big homeschool group that I would like to join. It will be nice to meet other homeschool parents and find out what they do during the year (field trips, lunches, ect...).
Well I have got to start packing - we are leaving this afternoon and it takes me forever to get things done before we go out of town. It all starts with a list (actually many!) and then I have to pack and then my whole house has to be clean. I hate coming home to a messy house.
Until fingers and keyboard meet again........
Friday, June 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And to think that in a "short" 13 years our "munchkin" Brenna will be wearing the "almighty" red cap & gown with so many family & friends "cheering" her on to a great beginning into adulthood.
Hugs!
Grandma Dawnie :)
PS - Congratz Ashley!!
Post a Comment