We went to the quilt show this past weekend that Brenna's quilt was entered in. She received Honorable Mention along with a nice big pink ribbon. She was very proud to see her quilt hanging with all the others. She was the youngest entered - the rest of the kids were anywhere between 9 and 14. Of course I forgot my camera but Aunt Lynnie let me use hers, so as soon as I get the pictures emailed to me from Dea Jae then I will post them.
So I completely forgot to post about our frogs that we released! The first set we had (nine total) finally turned into little frogs about 3 weeks ago - we kept them for about a week and then released them in the front yard. It had been raining almost everyday and everything was nice and wet so I thought it would be a good place. Besides, I have lots of frogs that live around my house so apparently they like it. I do water my plants frequently so things stay pretty moist most of the time. Now we have about 25 more that should be getting their legs pretty soon. I don't think I will release THAT many in my yard so those will have to go to the park lake. I will post some pictures of those soon.
We went on our first field trip with our Homeschool Group this morning. It was to the Water Treatment plant here in town. I found it pretty interesting but I guess it isn't necessarily something a 5 year old finds very fascinating. HAHA! I really should have known better. She did good though and only started complaining about the last 15 minutes. It was an outside tour and very hot and muggy.
One thing I did find out recently is that the Homeschool Group does a yearly camping trip! It will be in November and I am very excited about that. I think it will be a lot of fun and I am looking forward to it. Brenna will have so many kids to play with and Brendon and I will get to know the parents a lot better too.
Well other than that everything else is going great. :) I will post again soon.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment