Wednesday, December 19, 2007

OMG! A month - really???

A whole month has gone by without me updating! Shame on me. I really was trying to be better too. I hope everyone has not given up on me. I guess I should send out another email and let everyone know that I have not forgotten about my blog. I do have an excuse though - a lame one, BUT an excuse no less. LOL My computer crashed and I have been using a laptop that Brendon's Mom gave us. I am very grateful that I at least HAVE a computer (and that I don't have to go out right away and spend hundreds of dollars on a new one! - thank you Dea Jae) but it really stinks typing on a laptop keyboard. So I finally hooked up my regular keyboard to the laptop and - WAH-LA! - now I am posting! :)
So I guess a lot has happened in the past month. Brenna is still in karate and she is doing GREAT! I am so proud of her. She goes twice a week - sometimes three, depending on if she has Girl Scouts that week (Girl Scouts is three weeks out of the month). She loves it and really looks forward to going. Girl Scouts is going pretty good too. Being a Daisy scout is pretty boring though. I didn't start until 2nd grade so I was already a Brownie. Maybe her leader has something to do with that though?? Ok, I will NOT be ugly. Brendon met her the last meeting and totally understands what I have been telling him (read my last post if you haven't and you will understand).
Anyway, homeschooling is going great too. On out last Report Day for the Homeschool Group Brenna finally did a presentation on her tadpoles and it was a big hit. We brought about 5 tadpoles and also the four frogs that we had. All of our tadpoles that we have now came from that same egg sack but they are all different - it's really kinda weird. I guess it is kinda like 'survival of the fittest'. Maybe some get more food than others, I have no idea. At the present moment we have 8 frogs, about 4 in the tadpole tank that will be ready in the next couple days and many others that don't even have legs yet. We still have a plethora (oooo! good word to teach Brenna!!) of tadpoles and now I am at the point that I can not wait to get rid of them ALL! How long have we been doing this?? TOO LONG! I will have to look back on my blog and see when we started. I feel sorry for my next child because I don't think I will ever have tadpoles again. LOL!!
So I am not posting pictures this time because (getting back to my computer crashing) I don't have any on the current computer that I am using. I can download them onto my Mom's computer so I will have to do that next time and post pictures very soon.
As for the updating, I will try harder to update more often. Thanks for dealing with my 'sporadicness' (omg, is that even a word??? ).

No comments: