With Brenna in bed, my house all clean and Brendon at work for a bit I thought this would be a good time to post. Seems like I don't have all that much time to myself these days. Between keeping up with Brenna (questions, projects, playing games, ect...), going to my Grandparents everyday and all the other tedious little tasks I am responsible for I sometimes feel like I can't even breathe without penciling it in to my schedule. But that's okay - I like to keep busy. It IS nice though having some peace and quiet every now and then. And I absolutely treasure those days when I have nothing at all to do! No Girl Scouts, karate, grocery shopping, homeschool stuff, ect. Usually that happens on a weekend. That's when I go out in my yard for hours and mow, water, pull weeds and trim. That is my therapy. My yard work replenishes my soul. Sounds silly to most but that is what I love to do. I can not wait until Spring when I can mow my grass more than once a month and start having things to do on a weekly basis again. Brenna likes to help me with yard work. Her favorite thing is pulling weeds OF COURSE! What 5 year old doesn't like to get dirty? :)
Anyway, we had our Homeschool Group Report Day this past Wednesday. Brenna didn't do a report this time. Most of the kids do not do one every time. I am sure she will during the next one though. She wants to do it on butterflies so we'll have to start on that soon.
Next week our Co-op starts again. I am not prepared for that AT ALL. I will have the Kinder-1st for the first hour and I think I already mentioned that we are doing weather related stuff. So I am sure this weekend I will be surfing the Net and going to the library to get all the stuff I need. I do this a lot - put stuff off till the last minute. I think I work better like that sometimes, I don't know. It drives me crazy though. LOL
So our Valentines's Day was very nice. Last night (Wednesday) I stayed up until almost midnight and cut out about 50 different size red and pink hearts from construction paper and hung them all with string from the ceiling in the livingroom. When Brenna woke up this morning and walked out into the livingroom she had a huge smile on her face and thought it was so cool. They came to right above her head and she ran around the room hitting them all with her hands. I like to do little things like that to surprise her. :) She also had heart shaped waffles for breakfast.
Brendon came home from work and had a beautiful bouquet of flowers, chocolate covered strawberries and a card for me. He also bought Brenna a card and a box of SweetHearts. I still have the hearts hanging in the livingroom. I will probably leave them up until this weekend. It took me about two hours to do it so I want to leave them up for a little while.
Well Brendon is home so I better end this. I will probably post again next week after co-op.
Till keyboard and fingers meet again.....
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Princess ~
How sweet that all sounds!! I love that you do the "little things" for your family! I can just amagine you criss/cross (perhaps watching "a fav. show etc . . .") cutting out hearts! :) Brandi ~ you are someone special! Hugs to you!
PS - The "weather" is a'comin' (will it be rainy, will it be windy, OR will it be "snowin'"? or perhaps will it be "just Harlingen?"). Only the weather man knows for sure! Or does he???
Hugs til later -
Love y'all!
Mom (aka: grandma Dawnie)
Post a Comment