So I am a little bored and just jumped right on my blog to write a post. Yes, I probably will ramble a bit but no better place to do that then here I guess. I'm actually pretty proud of myself to be posting as much as I have. I really enjoy it though - I love to write. I used to write poetry and short stories all the time but have not been able to do that for a while. I guess I could be a little more productive and do other things right now, rather than writing a bunch of non-sense on my blog but oh well. LOL I have a pile of laundry to do, could probably clean up the kitchen a bit and possibly clean my bedroom BUT it's not going anywhere - THAT'S for sure. I wish it would just sometimes 'disappear' or magically get done but it does a really good job at staying right in it's place until I get around to doing it. LOL I actually spent almost all afternoon cleaning my house so I don't feel too guilty. Brenna spent a couple of hours cleaning her room today. It would have probably only taken about 30 minutes but she gets side-tracked very easily and plays more than she cleans. Maybe Dea Jae can relate to that because Brendon says that she reminds him of himself when he was little. I used to help her clean her room but lately I have been leaving it up to her. I guess at some point you have to teach them some sort of responsibility and ownership. I have explained to her that that is HER space and HER things and she is responsible for taking care of it and cleaning it. She does a good job for the most part and I don't really have to help her much anymore. She can do a wonderful job at completely trashing her room so I am hoping that she will learn that if SHE has to clean it then maybe she won't make such a mess. So far it has not been working. I keep telling myself - consistency, consistency, consistency. It will eventually sink in (just like other things have after almost giving up). It seems like it takes forever but it does work. They do 'get it' eventually. Ok, so enough about cleaning. I do that enough, I shouldn't have to write about it. LOL
So tomorrow is the day that all of the public schools start class. I've been seeing everyone at the grocery store and Wal-Mart with school supply lists in hand and shopping carts full of notebooks, pencils, pens and folders. School clothes shopping has been going, I'm sure. My thought on that? Thank God I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on supplies and clothes for my child right now!!! :)
I do remember the hard time that I had last year right about now. Brenna would have been starting Kindergarten and I was a complete mess. I cried for days before beforehand. Not because I was doubting my decision to home school (okay, maybe a TAD bit) - I guess I was feeling a little guilty because she was not going to experience the "first day of Kinder" thing. Yes, I am sooo over that now. LOL I guess that may be one of the things that you go through when you first decide to home school. It is a very emotional thing - at least for me it was. But I have learned that yes, my daughter will, in fact, play and interact with other kids; she will learn VERY much and yes, I AM a very wonderful teacher. I am much more educated on homeschooling now then I was at this time last year. We also have our wonderful home school group that we are very involved in and I am so thankful for that. There are over 100 people in our group now and she has many, many friends. Since she dropped out of karate I am going to get her into something else very soon. She has mentioned wanting to start karate again as well as gymnastics so I will have to discuss with her what she wants to do.
So I mentioned in my last post that we will be starting school tomorrow. Well I'm not sure that will happen as planned. I wanted to hype it up this past weekend and make a big deal out of the whole thing but I never got around to that. Yes, my mistake. I feel very strongly about making a big production out of it but had my doubts until my sister-in-law, Lisa, agreed with me and justified my feelings on that so we will probably wait until Wednesday (or maybe even next Monday) to start. We'll see what happens - like I have said before, we are going to be very relaxed in our home schooling again this year.
Ok, my laundry is calling my name and so is my bed. Maybe I can get one load done before hitting the sack.
Till fingers and keyboard meet again.......
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
~ ~ ~ Just a short comment ~ ~ ~
So . . . "Mom ~ where is the "Lost Continent / Underwater City of Atlantis?"
Brenna asks a (simple) question ~ so now is the time to "look" for the answer - is it a myth or (was) is it a real place?
Just a thought ~ if Brenna would ask this very same question (in school) would the teacher answer her question? MMM!?
Hugs - Love you!
mom / grandma Dawnie
Post a Comment