Thursday, February 05, 2009

Homeschooling Doesn't Necessarily Mean You're at Home All Day! LOL

We've had a pretty full day so far and left this morning at 10am and didn't get home until 4pm. I have a lot to do tonight like catch up on laundry, so I thought I'd take advantage of the quietness I have in the house and post real quick. Brenna is outside playing with Ben and William, the twins that lives across the alley from us. Sweet kids - very polite and very considerate. Brenna gets along with them soooo good.
Anyway, Brenna and I left this morning to meet with a few families from our homeschool group. The group will not be doing co-ops this Spring so a few of us have taken it upon ourselves to get together and do projects and play dates. It is a very small group with only 5 parents and about 10 kids. I kinda like it though because it seems a lot easier and a lot more personal. All the kids get along great and had fun playing today while the parents planned the stuff that we will be doing. We'll be going weekly for the next five weeks. If things go smoothly, which I'm sure they will, then we'll do it again after Spring Break.
After our picnic lunch with the group, Brenna and I went to my Mom's and took care of Keira while my Dad and her went to my Grandma JoJo's for a couple hours. Keira is in day care now but my Mom takes care of her every Thursday. She is such a joy to be around and is so cute and so smart. Brenna just loves her dearly and does a wonderful job taking care of her. She took her in the backyard and they played for quite a while. After we left my Mom's Brenna went to her last basketball practice of the season. Her last game will be this Saturday and then they'll have a little party at the park.
Well I better go get dinner started and put a load in the washer.
Hope everyone else had a wonderful day too!

No comments: